To support high quality health care by enabling technology enhanced care, so we can all be Better Together.
We believe technology can enhance and empower patients and clinicians by:
- Facilitating better connection with patients by reducing the barriers to effective clinical engagement
- Increasing access to healthcare by facilitating remote consultations via synchronous video and asynchronous message consultations
- Increasing patient self-management via our tailored remote monitoring solution (under development)
- Increasing access to preventative health and chronic disease management reminders and action plans (under development)
- Access to health care is a basic human right
- That technology can enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare AND positively impact on the personal relationship between health professionals and their patients
- That both patients and providers need to be invested in achieving better health
- Understanding the determinants of your health equips you for a healthy life
- Monitoring health and wellbeing enhances patient outcomes
- Intervening early in poor health leads to better health and social outcomes
- In sharing our success with those less fortunate and that our platform can form part of the solution for those in low income communities
- That there is always a path to a better outcome and that we are Better Together
The People Behind You
Associate Professor Dr Jared Dart
BSc (UQ), BA (UQ), MB BS (UQ), PhD (UQ), FRACGP
A/Prof Jared Dart is a GP, GP owner and Co-Founder of Welio a remote care platform designed to enhance practice viability. He has a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Government, a Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, and a Doctor of Philosophy in eHealth and Medicine. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. He has worked in Management Consultancy ($15M in competitive funding) and in research ($2.5M competitive NHMRC funding). He is passionate about the viability and value of General Practice.
Darren started his career in law and communications focusing for the last 20 years on the development of health related behaviour change programs in conjunction with government, academia and industry. With extensive experience in established and emerging markets in Asia-Pacific Darren has held posts in China, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore, supporting leading healthcare organisations in the development of strategic HCP policy initiatives and programs, many with digital infrastructure at their core. Darren is particularly passionate about the intersection between health and technology and the potential this holds for enhancing access and equity and ensuring the sustainable provision of health care for all.
RN BN MN Dip Prof Prac Leadership
Jennifer is an experienced Health Care Professional with extensive clinical and management experience in both the acute and primary health care sectors. Jennifer enjoys the challenges of the ever-changing landscape in healthcare and working in a progressive environment to enhance the quality of care and experience of patients. Having worked in the primary care space since 2010 first as a Practice Nurse and then a Practice Manager, Jennifer has a good understanding of the needs of both clinicians and patients alike and brings her wealth of knowledge to Welio as the Operations Lead to help them experience the benefits of technology facilitated health care.